Create Pieces of Art with Paintastic
Are you a fan of digital sketching and painting? If yes, Paintastic is an excellent app that will let you do exactly that and even more let your creative thoughts come into life. It allows you to create pieces of art that you can use as designs for various purposes that can be either printed or shared online.
Once the user opens the app, they see a default screen with lot of options at the bottom of the screen that the user can utilize to create their drawing or painting. There are also the undo and redo button at the top right of the screen so that it is easier to just perform these actions if a bulk erase or redo of a previous work is required. There are options to
- Change color of the pencil or paintbrush
- Change background color of the palette
- Add jitter (where you can change size, opacity and add different effects to the jitter like blur, emboss, deboss, neon, glow, outline). You can also choose whether to have smooth edges or not for your jitter, adjust the size, etc.
- Add basic outline shapes, basic fill shapes like heart, flower, star, etc., floral shapes, smileys, frames & borders, celestial, arrows, card suits, puzzle pieces, objects shapes and random stencils that are free to use. However, there are other shapes like stick figures, transport, buildings & structures, ribbons & badges, speech bubbles, flowchart symbols and fruits, that can also be added to your drawing. You will need to pay to unlock all shapes. These shapes can be inserted directly or as post-transform where you can rotate and transform the added shapes. You also have control over the sizes for these images and can add effects like grayscale, saturation and color filters.
- Add festival related shapes (There are festival related themes added in the app that include shapes like Christmas tree, candy stick, snowflakes, which will help the user to create holiday greetings during season times).
- Add text (The text option allows you to add text to your drawings; for example, captions and also to add different effects/filters to the text). You can also add styles to your text like bold, italic and underlined and shapes for the text like linear, arc, box and custom curve. There are a few fonts to choose from too. These text can be inserted directly or can be post transformed. The user has control over the size of the text as well.
- The eraser lets you erase unwanted information and the size of it can be changed according to needs.
- The paint bucket tool lets the user fill in the background with a particular color.
- The selection tool lets the user to move, crop, rotate, resize, etc. like in any other photo editing app
- Other than these, there are the scratch mode and color picker tools.
The user can
- Insert picture to the created art, and the app lets the user do photo editing and to make collages. The user can also add pictures to their drawings
- Save foreground of the art that they have created
- Share drawing on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Email and others.
- Add artist name to tell the world who created the art
- A tutorial to use some of the features of Paintastic would be greatly beneficial, if not at least a tip on the screen for first time users as some of the options at the bottom of the screen did not seem to be self explanatory
8 10 5 2