Fly Like an Eagle, Explore, and Experience Flight through Eaglivion VR
Virtual reality is the buzzword of the moment. Last year’s Christmas gift frenzy highlighted VR headsets that allowed just about anyone to experience something that was contained to devices found in museums or tech centers. Now, VR devices fit in the palm of your hand and fit like a glove over your eyes, transforming smartphones into experiences like no other.
Eaglivion VR is one of many apps that take full advantage of VR and make it easy for anyone to feel like they are soaring like an eagle across the skies and over mountaintops, looking for various items, allowing users to collect points.
The download is free and works well on both iPhone and iPad. The app itself works with the following types of VR devices:
- Gear VR
- VR Headset
- VR Box
The developers highly recommend using Cardboard as your VR device for maximum enjoyment, but all devices listed are fully functional with Eaglivion VR.
Eaglivion VR is an adventure. As soon as you connect your device to the VR equipment, you will instantaneously transform your world into a place that is open, clean, and clear. You will feel like you are in the Colorado Rockies or atop a mountain range almost anywhere in the world, anywhere that is far away from people, noise, and pollution.
You become an eagle, and you fly around looking for items as the app requests them. These requests float amid the screen almost like a mist, easy to read, but blending well into the setting. These requests range from collecting a certain number of feathers or rocks, leaves or flowers.
The app also comes loaded with various types of actions and events, at random times:
- Air Battles – engage in battle with other eagles to defend your space and gain access to areas for further exploration and collection
- Races – fly as fast as you can to test your speed and agility against other eagles
- Fish Hunting – as you fly over streams and rivers, see how many fish you can catch
- Knock Downs – every so often, there will be items hanging from cliff sides or trees that you will be tasked with hitting and knocking down
- Explorations – there are different worlds to discover within the app. Point your device over the different worlds and when the white dots lines over your destination, tap and go
- Using Tools – pick up various implements and use them in various ways to collect points and create a more rich experience from your game
Everything about this app is very real and impressive. VR is fairly new to me and I love that the creator of Eaglivion VR has chosen a natural setting for his VR gaming app. What I would love to see in future updates is more exotic destinations so I can explore the world without leaving my living room.
Until then, my family members will have to work hard to pry the VR from my hands, because I plan on spending many hours in Eaglivion VR.