No vacation lasts forever, but you can make the memories and magical moments stay intact long after the vacation has ended. How, you ask? Download Memotrips and find out.
Memotrips is an app that allows you to essentially journal your trip, long or short, local or abroad, so you can capture the moment and never forget it. It’s basically a travel diary, but it’s does not limit you to words, it allows you to create and capture events in so many ways.
When you first download the app, you will get a quick and colorful overview of what the app has to offer. Swipe through the pages that display beautiful destinations to get to the main screen. From here you will see several options:
- Explore – there are lots of Memotrip users in the community. Check out where they have been to venture vicariously with them, or use the information to plan your next trip.
- My travel diaries – this is where you will keep all of your diaries. Every travel diary you create and keep can be found here – it’s basically a walk down memory lane.
- Create a travel diary – ready for your next trip? Great! Create a new diary and start logging your experience even before you leave your home.
- Log in – become a registered user of Memotrip to gain access to all that the app has to offer, share with others, and immerse yourself in its travel community.
- Help – we all need it at some point. Get what you need easily. The app creators have provided lots of information to help you make the most of the app. It’s currently all in French, so if you speak, great; if not, you’ll need a translator.
I was really impressed by what Memotrip had to offer. I am getting ready for a long weekend myself, so I created a new travel diary days before the trip so I could note all the things I wanted to remember about planning and packing.
After creating a diary, you create stages, which essentially would be steps, events, things you want to capture. Creating a stage requires you to provide a title, description, date and location. You cannot save the stage without these. Once created, you can add a photo and share the info.
What I was not impressed with was the inability to upload a photo from my library as the cover for my latest diary. It simply would not work. The selections to make while creating a new diary are also not intuitive. For example, when you select the destination country, it does not give you the option to move to the next screen. I could not tell if the selection took.
Barring that inconvenience, I managed to jot notes and capture every fun moment. I even saved a few frustrating ones, as well, simply so I could look back and laugh. I highly recommend Memotrips to anyone who wants to actively journal their trips and experiences in real time.