Textkraft – Consolidated Document Creation and Management
With today’s technology that dynamically moves with you, it’s only natural to have tools that you can take along that allow you to work and be productive, no matter where you are. Sure, there are lots of repository apps that let you perform all sorts of document management related functions from a variety of devices, keeping a single source copy of your product, so you have complete accessibility and you don’t have to wonder which is the latest copy.
The experts at Infovole have upped their offerings with a version of Textkraft that you can put in your pocket, so working with documents becomes effortless and well managed. It’s a professional app that offers fully functional features that support document creation, editing, reading, and management.
For just $1.99, you get an app that not only gives you extensive access to fancy fonts, it leverages the functionality of features offered by several document management apps, so you can easily manage and work on documents for a project from one place.
The app itself is very easy to use and well laid out. When you first download the app, you will be taken to an introductory marketing screen that gives an overview of what the app is for. Once you get past that, you are taken to command center where you will see all of the main functions lined up as icons at the bottom of the screen:
- Plus sign: select this to create a new document. This immediately takes you to a blank screen ready for your scripting. Options for editing line the bottom of the screen, just above the keyboard.
- Upload: allows you to upload your saved documents to a variety of destinations, such as iCloud, Dropbox, Box, Evernote, Google Drive, and more.
- Grid icon: this allows you to view all the documents you have saved in the app, in a visually appealing way. Documents are easy to find and get to.
- Screwdriver icon: this is your Tools and settings, where you can set your preferences. Things like iCloud connectivity, data maximums and more.
Textkraft is not new to the market; this new upgrade enhances the app with the following:
- Share Extension that spans system-wide, allowing you to send selected text from any app to Textkraft without opening the app
- HTML document import with text styles supported by Textkraft
- Preservation of line breaks on device rotation
Not much can be said in terms of improvements to the current offering. I found I was able to create interesting notes and messages on the fly, taking advantage of unique font sets and formatting. I would say that the icons are slightly confusing and hard to decipher. I had to play around a bit to figure out what each one meant – could be a culture thing?
Nonetheless, Textkraft Pocket helped me consolidate several sources of documentation in a way that reduced time spent managing them across devices, clouds, and apps. I know for sure I cannot move forward without it.
8 9 1 1