AtHome Camera – Monitor and Maintain for Safety and Security
Tech lovers thrive on all things innovative and new, whether they need it or not. Now, there’s an improvement to what many may be using to keep an eye on things, and can now rely on even more now that’s it’s been enhanced with hard to resist features and more robust delivery.
AtHome Camera, sister app to AtHome Video Streamer, allows folks to take their iPhone or iPad, running iOS 7.0 or later, and turn them into a dynamic duo that powers remote communication just like you want it.
You can use it as a security device to see what’s happening in your home while you are out. You can use it to see what your kids are up to while they are playing in the basement. You can monitor your child’s sleeping habits, so even if they say they are shutting off the lights and calling it a day, you will know the real deal by using AtHome Camera.
You could discriminatingly set your “camera” up in the room, and then set a timer on it to record for the time span of your choice. That way you know exactly when they put that book down and really turned out the lights.
If you yourself doze off into sleepy slumberland while you are intently monitoring the video feed, you could watch the recording later. The app is that powerful and useful.
Some other neat features include:
- Monitoring while on the go. All you need is 3G/4G or WiFi
- Motion detection. Get notified via text or email if something moves
- Two-Way Talk: set up the camera in another room and you can hold conversations with whomever is there
- Security and Privacy. All video and audio feed is encrypted and protected.
- Stream in background mode, so no one knows that the camera is streaming.
- Device flexibility. You can stream and view from an assortment of devices, ranging from iPhone to iPad to IP Cameras.
- Video Storage. The app stores everything in the Cloud, so you never lose a thing.
What I could really use is the ability to stream video from different rooms, so that I can keep an eye on every entry to my house for major movements and maybe even setup a few inside to make sure I detect anything that goes on inside, as well. I am sure the creators of this amazing app already have their heads down and are working on this multiple streamer capability with several window views from the AtHome View app, and I anxiously await its arrival!
Until then, I will enjoy using this app to the best of it’s a capacity. As it stands right now, it has so much to offer. I don’t know what I would do without it. I am not a super techie person, but I know a great app when I see one; and, AtHome Camera not only scores high on the techie scale, it serves a mighty important role in helping people feel safe and secure.