Social media makes it so easy and so fun to share what you are doing, wherever you are; but, what about all of those photos that you took before the digital age? Remember back in the day when there was camera film, and you had to have prints of all your pics? Now, you are left wondering how you can preserve all those photos and keep them safe where you know you will find them.
Look no more, there’s Photo4. Photo4 is an app that lets you easily scan all of your photographs instantaneously, bringing them into the digital age. The app takes all the scans and lets you organize and place them wherever you want to store them.
For a small cost of $2.99, you will save hundreds of dollars, converting printed images into their digital equivalents.
The app itself has an extremely easy to use interface. The main screen shows five icons at the bottom of the screen:
- ALBUMS – allows you to create albums, so your scans stay organized
- SCAN – this is where you “scan.” The app uses your device’s camera to capture the image of the photo
- SAVE COMP – I believe this stands for “save to computer.” This allows you to save albums and individual scans to a machine or to the Cloud. All you need is WiFi.
- ASK – lists FAQs, so if you have questions, chances are someone else has had the same, so you can see how to easily resolve issues. If your question is not listed, send the creators an email.
- RATE – let the developers know what you think of the app. In my opinion, this is the best way to let them know the features you love, and ones that you think could use a bit of improvement. It’s a win-win for users and the app, because it provides feedback that enhances and grows the app.
When scanning your photos the app allows you lots of options to ensure that the image that is captured is clear and on point. The following features allow for this:
- Automatic cropping of images. You can also go in and adjust the cropping to meet your needs.
- Scan multiple images at the same time.
- While scanning, there is a question mark icon that gives you information about how to scan.
- Add filters and different types of effects to your images to enhance them.
I think the FAQs are awesome; however, the option to email the developers for questions not listed was a bit hidden in the list of FAQs. I would list it as an icon at the very bottom of the screen. It is currently listed smack dab in the middle of all the questions, making it hard to find.
If are like me and you have a giant box full of photos from the past that you don’t know what to do with. Download Photo4 Album Scanner now – you will have that box cleaned up in no time, and all of those photos will be preserved, safe and sound, and easily accessible by those you love.