For those of you who have your treasured music collection stored in the cloud and want a better way to manage it and use it, you have to try out Evermusic. It’s an app that affords you easy access to your music from a myriad of devices. There is a free version of the app and there is a professional version that you can purchase for just $0.99.
Typical locations for music storage include Google Drive, Box, DropBox, MEGA, SMB and OneDrive. Evermusic works with all of those cloud servers, and more. The app connects into your cloud selections and streams from there, so you can listen to your music, anytime, anywhere.
What better way to take your music with you without worrying if you downloaded it to your iPhone or iPad. The files stay in the cloud and “follow” you wherever you go.
Major features include:
- PLAY – you can play several types of audio formats, including MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, AIFF and M4R. There are options to REPEAT and SHUFFLE, so you can replay a song you absolutely need to listen to again, or just let the player take control and serve up songs with a random whim. Audio books are also supported by Evermusic. You can also control playback speed – something for those music lovers who love to create other things with their music. If you use it as an audiobook player, you can set several bookmarks and title them, so several users of the same cloud can share in reading a book. What I really liked was the Sleep Timer. I love to play soothing sleepy music at night and set a time for when it will turn off, which is hopefully after I’ve fallen asleep.
- DOWNLOAD – connect into your cloud provider and then download onto whatever device will handle the files. This allows you to listen to your music without needing an Internet connection, which is sometimes a very essential feature.
- MANAGE – You can copy, move, rename and transfer files between different cloud storage carriers. Many times you may want to share songs with others in your family. Evermusic makes is ever so easy. You can create playlists and organize the songs in the playlist. Editing ID3 tags allows you to identify your music quickly.
- SYNC – Evermusic automatically synchronizes your music across all the devices that are connected into your cloud. You don’t ever have to do anything manually.
- SEARCH – a cleverly designed engine provides quick and easy searches so you can find what you are looking for without frustration. I found this feature extremely easy to use and very valuable.
I was very impressed with the black background, which gave the app and very professional and easy to navigate look. Some apps have way too much going on. This app had everything perfectly placed.
There’s not much I could recommend in terms of improvements. I thought Evermusic was extremely easy to use and provided smooth streaming of my music with top quality. I would like to see less items displayed on the lists, as at times things looked crowded.
Other than that, this app is a treat to have if you are looking to make the most of your cloud collection of music.