Posting to social media continues to grow increasingly more interesting every day. First, we started with words. Then, we were able to share photos. Now, we are able to post text, pictures, and video, all with different enhancements and manipulations to make them more interesting and visually stimulation. You get more out of a graphic when you caption it, filter it, or add more dimension to it…you are creating art, and that makes the story your post aims to tell more impactive.
So, how do you get the goods? You download the free app called TypeArt. With the free version, you get basic features like the ability to filter, add various types of message using a variety of fonts and colors. You get to many things, but, and this may be a big one for several folks out there, your creation will bear the watermark for TypeArt. So, if you don’t want a watermark when you are ready to post that one of a kind picture, then I highly recommend the in app purchase of a monthly or yearly subscription.
But I digress…we want to talk about the fun part of TypeArt. This app is so easy to use and it comes chock full of unique lettering and fonts, all created by highly talented artists and graphics designers. Their creations were especially made for TypeArt, so when you use any of them, they will make your pictures look like no one else’s. The creators of TypeArt continue to seek out new artists and grow the options available in the app, so you know the creativity will never cease.
The features offered in TypeArt include the following and there are no limits to how you can use them:
- Motion typography – the text you type can move however you want it to, with tons of fonts to choose from that are unique to TypeArt.
- Social Media Connectivity – take your art and share it wherever you want. TypeArt allows you to connect to and upload into Facebook and FB Messenger, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more. No saving to the device and then upload – it’s all from within the app!
- Filters – you can add all sorts of filters to your photos and videos to make them more interesting and put your special touches so your recipients know it’s your work of art.
- Music – you can add your favorite song or instrumental piece as background to your graphics to add yet another dimension to your creation.
- Slideshows – put together a series of photos to tell a story. Each photo can have its own embellishments that emphasize its own message, while contributing to the story told by the series.
If there were anything I could wish for as an addendum or update to the app, it would be the ability to print from it. Connect to a printer and you’re done.
Once that arrives, you’re in business. Until then, I think you will really like using TypeArt. It’s easy to use and it adds magic to your already fantastic photos.